- Blackboard After-Hours Support
- Students and Faculty with a pressing Blackboard question can call Blackboard for assistance. Call 1-646-664-2024 to be connected with a Blackboard Support Agent!
- After-hours Blackboard support is available weeknights and weekends during the following hours:
- Weeknights – Between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM the next morning
- Weekends – All day and night on Saturdays and Sundays
- You can access Blackboard After Hours Support by calling the number above or by visiting Blackboard After-Hours Support.
- Use Firefox for Blackboard
- It is strongly recommended that students, faculty, and staff use the Mozilla Firefox Web Browser when working with Blackboard in any capacity.
- Adding Teaching Assistants or Observers to Blackboard
The first thing you will need is the EMPLID (also known as the CUNY First ID) of the individual you want to add to your course on Blackboard. Once you have that, it is a quick process! Click the links below for instructions on:
- Make Your Course Available
At the beginning of every semester, Blackboard courses are unavailable to students, and instructors have to manually enable their courses.Instructions on how to make your course available can be found by clicking the link below:
- Blackboard – Course Data Limit IncreaseThe default data limit for course materials on Blackboard is 750MB per course. This can be upgraded to 1.5GB and 3GB upon approval. To apply for a course data limit increase, please complete the Blackboard Course Size Increase Request Form then open a ticket for the Instructional Technology team by calling the Helpdesk at 646-312-1010. Please provide them the completed form.In order to manage Blackboard course size efficiently, the CUNY Central Blackboard Steering Committee has implemented a course size limit policy.
- Remember to Add or Update Your E-Mail Address on Blackboard. Please be sure to add or update your email address on Blackboard to ensure you are receiving course material and information as needed. You can add or update your email address on Blackboard by following these instructions.
Important Note: Blackboard only accepts official CUNY E-Mail addresses from one of the CUNY Campuses. (i.e., @baruchmail.cuny.edu / @baruch.cuny.edu)