Baruch College Campus Wireless Network
Baruch College provides access to its wireless network (WIFI) to faculty, staff, currently-enrolled Baruch College students, and guest. The CUNY Computer Users Responsibilities policy applies to users of the wireless network.
Baruch College offers wireless connectivity for use with mobile devices and is widely available across most of the campus. To access the wireless network, login authentication is used to verify affiliation with the college. Simply enable wireless on your mobile device and connect to the “Baruch” SSID.
WIFI Coverage Areas
The Baruch College wireless network is available in the following locations:
- Newman Vertical Campus – Complete coverage.
- Library and Technology Building – Complete coverage
- Field Building (17 Lex) — classrooms with media carts and other selected spaces only
- Administration Building — Complete coverage
- Newman Real Estate Institute – Complete coverage
- Annex Building – Complete coverage is available only on the floors occupied by Baruch College
- Clivner=Field Plaza — Most spaces directly in front of the Information and Technology building.
OS Configuration Guides
Students should use their Baruch username and password when attempting to connect to the Baruch wireless network.
This is the primary access point for general internet access. Access through Baruch uses 802.1x authentication.
Faculty and staff should use the Baruch SSID to connect to the Baruch wireless network. When your device prompts, enter your Baruch username and password.
This is the primary access point for secure communications and can be used to conduct College business. Access through Baruch uses 802.1x authentication.
Guests of the College have a few ways to access Baruch College Wireless Network:
- Request a guest pass at the Newman Library Reference Desk or Circulation Desk. Guests of the college who have access to the Newman Library can request a guest account for temporary access to connect to the wireless network. A valid picture ID is required and guest accounts are only given during normal operating hours.
Guests who receive a guest pass will log onto the following access point (aka SSID): Baruch-WiFi
This access point is for general access and is meant to support a wide array of devices using web browser based authentication. Instructions on how to connect to this general access.
2. Individuals who have an event scheduled and have requested a Guest Pass will be given a unique shared key that may distributed among attendees. This must be done well in advance and submitted via our online form.
Guests who have a guest access pass will log onto the following access point (aka SSID): Baruch-Guest
This access point is for general access and is meant to support a wide array of devices using web browser based authentication. An example of the authentication window is found below:
Enter your Guest Pass and select “Log In.” Once you agree to the Terms of Service you will be authenticated and then logged in.