CUNY Virtual Desktop
The CUNY Virtual Desktop lets students and faculty remotely access a set of software applications to support learning and research. The current applications available include SPSS, SAS, Mathematica, Matlab and Maplesoft.
Up to 3000 students across the university can use the CUNY Virtual Desktop at the same time. Additional software and services will became available through the CUNY Virtual Desktop over time.
To maximize the availability of the CUNY Virtual Desktop to users, each session is limited to 8 hours. Inactivity for 20 minutes or more will end a session, and any unsaved data will be lost.
How to use the CUNY Virtual Desktop
- Install it onto your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Access your applications by clicking on the icons from the CUNY Virtual Desktop Page.
- Log in using your CUNYfirst ID followed by @login.cuny.edu, and your CUNYfirst password.
- Save your data to a flash drive or local drive. Be sure to save your data before exiting the CUNY Virtual Desktop or your work will be lost. Print to any printer connected to your local device.
- For additional help, please see the FAQ’s, Guides on Usage or contact the Baruch Technology Help Desk.