Terms of Service Agreement for Baruch Username, Baruch eMail and BaruchMail (Office365) Accounts
Users of technology services at Baruch must comply with the following Terms of Service, as well as with the official statement of CUNY Computer User Responsibilities.
Baruch Username, Baruch eMail (mymail.baruch.cuny.edu; Faculty/staff) and BaruchMail (baruchmail.cuny.edu; students):
- Are services provided to current faculty, staff and students.
- Should be used lawfully, ethically, courteously, and reasonably.
- Are provided to support the educational mission of Baruch College.
- May not be used for commercial purposes or for illegal, unethical or unauthorized activities. Users may not destroy or damage equipment, software or data.
- Chain letters, unrestricted bulk e-mail, junk e-mail, “Who are you?” messages, and obscene or harassing messages are not permitted.
- The use or attempted use of a false identity is prohibited. Users may not “hack”, gain or try to gain access to (a) any computer system, files or messages for which they are not authorized, or to (b) any computer account other than their own.
- Accounts and passwords may not be shared. If an employee needs access to another mailbox to do their work, access can be provided by mailbox sharing within the system and can be requested from BCTC.
- Users may not use the system to violate copyright laws.
- Users are asked to take care in subscribing to mailing lists and in sending large messages, multiple copies, etc. BCTC will maintain control over the amount of system resources allocated to users, and may change its resource quota if necessary, to preserve the performance of the system. Users are expected to keep their e-mail size below system quotas, so that new messages may be received.
- Users who violate the Terms of Service may be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedures.
- Attempts to read another person’s e-mail or other protected files will be treated as a serious matter.
- Unread e-mail and e-mail stored in trash folders are automatically deleted from Baruch eMail accounts after 90 days.
- These Terms of Service are subject to amendment.