Frequently Asked Questions
Log in to Blackboard using your CUNY First username and password through either of the links below:
- Via CUNY’s website: http://www2.cuny.edu (LOGIN button along the top of the page)
- Via Baruch College’s Blackboard site
Students can only use their @baruchmail.cuny.edu addresses on Blackboard. To update your email address on Blackboard, please follow these instructions.
Your problem is likely due to one of the following:
- It may take as much as 72 hours for the Blackboard system to be updated from the registration information. If you recently registered in a course, please allow for the 72 hour period to end before contacting the BCTC Helpdesk.
- Your instructor has not set the course as “available” to students. Not all Baruch faculty members utilize Blackboard for their courses. Those faculty members who choose not to use Blackboard will not set their courses as “available,” and thus these courses will not appear on your course lists. If you are unsure whether or not your professor is using Blackboard, please inquire with that professor. If you are told by the professor that Blackboard is being used and the course is “available,” please contact the Computing and Technology Help Desk for assistance.
- On the Blackboard Home tab, look for the “Course Search” box on the left of your screen.
- In the search box, type in the Course Number (e.g. CIS 9000).
- Be sure to put a space between the course and the number.
- Click the “GO” button.
All the CIS 9000 courses will be listed on the screen. The names of courses that can be previewed will be clickable.